How to Improve the Sharing Practices Among WordCamp/Meetup Organizers

Home Forums Community Summit Discussion Topics How to Improve the Sharing Practices Among WordCamp/Meetup Organizers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tinakesova
    Participant

Аs a first time core WordCamp organizer (WCEU) I was looking for information what worked well and what failed with previous WordCamps. I found Siobhan’s recap on WCEU 2014, but that wasn’t absolutely enough. At the same time there were a lot of a-ha moments during the organizational process that I am sure will be helpful for future organizers if there were a central place where I could provide an organizer recap and lessons learned from my experience. So I was wondering, why not create a central structure/place for WordCamp/Meetup organizers share experience and knowhow so that future organizers reduce stress and ultimately organize awesome events?

Note: this is different from the WordCamp organizer orientation hangouts. I am more referring to extending the organizer process and pushing organizers both analyze the survey results, read through feedback and post public recaps with successes and failures. I am seeing it as a website where you can filter by event name, event size, country, city, etc, so that people can actually read relevant to their event size information. I am sure that there is a ton more that can be added to this (having organizers share their vendors contacts, speakers results, etc) and hope we can extend the discussion at the summit.

Dan Maby
    Participant

+1

As a meetup organiser venturing into WordCamp organisation I feel I have knowledge to share but at the same time am looking for insight. WordCamp Central does a great job but somewhere to read and share real world analysis and feedback for equivalent events in one place would be great.

Siobhan
    Participant
    Petya Raykovska
    Participant

Like it. We could definitely improve http://plan.wordcamp.org/ with a section for discussions or (sorry if it’s already there) we could have a P2 on Make.wordpress.org, maybe as a part of https://make.wordpress.org/community/ that’s open for people to ask pending questions and organisers to share their lessons learned.

Xavier Borderie
    Participant

Very much interested.

Jenny Wong
    Participant

Maybe like a pinterest board that anyone can write ideas and problems / solutions that they have encountered? I think it means that you can find different area issues and it means anyone can feel like they can create a note.

Something like this project http://www.postcardsfromtheedges.org.uk/ helped get people sharing their feelings about their disabilities. We could do something similar for Community Organisers.

Jen

Let’s just make this part of the community team meetup since it’s so specific to us.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Community Summit Discussion Topics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

October 25-26, 2014