WordCamp SF couldn’t happen without volunteers — they’re the backbone of every WordCamp. If you want to get more involved WordCamp SF, connect with community members, and give back to WordPress, this is a great opportunity. Whether you can pitch in for one hour or ten, we’d love to have your help.
There are a variety of roles with different time and experience requirements. Check out the list below, see what tickles your fancy, and
fill out the volunteer application to let us know you’re interested. Thanks! We’re all full now.
- Drivers – We’re looking for some volunteers to pick up some of our super-cool speakers and core contributors from the airport on Friday, and/or give speakers a ride from their hotels to WCSF on Saturday and Sunday mornings. If you’re local and you have your own car, this is a great way to do a favor for someone who’s written a plugin, patch, or post that you love! Plus, you won’t miss any sessions. 🙂
- Room Time Keeper – You’ll help make sure the trains (or speakers) run on schedule, reminding speakers when their time is almost up. Great if you want to watch all the sessions in a certain room.
- Room/Microphone Runners – You’ll make sure attendees voices are heard, running a microphone from attendee to attendee as they ask questions to speakers after talks. Also great if you want to watch all the sessions in a certain room.
- Registration – You’ll check in registered attendees and hand out name tags, and be the first smiling face attendees see. Are you unflaggingly cheerful and great at alphabetizing? This is your gig.
- Food/Beverage – Don’t worry, you won’t be cooking — we need a few people directing traffic, keeping an eye on things, and being generally helpful during lunch.
- Swag store and t-shirt station – Pre-conference, you’ll fold/roll shirts to bring to Mission Bay. At WCSF, you’ll distribute and/or sell shirts and other merch, make change, and use an iPad/Square reader. Retail experience is helpful here.
See something you’d like to help with? Fill in the form and let us know!
Once we get a sense of who’s interested in what, our volunteer coordinators, the inimitable duo of Andy Christian and Lori McLeese, will be in touch to pin down the details. Thanks in advance!