Better Plugin & Theme Support Forums

Home Forums Community Summit Discussion Topics Better Plugin & Theme Support Forums

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Edward Caissie
    Participant

Although I spend a majority of my time in one particular plugin support forum (NextGEN Gallery) there are challenges to be faced everyday on how best to manage the workflow and communication as well as track issues and any other metrics that may come to mind for any plugin or theme author.

A few questions to consider as bullet points for the discussion:

• How do we entice authors to use the support forums?
    • What tools are “missing” that authors feel are necessary to provide proper support?
    • Should plugin/theme authors have more privileges within their product’s Support forums (maybe similar to a moderator)?

I’m sure there are a lot more ideas that could be introduced under this topic but I believe the above would get the conversation started.

Jen

@cais: Can we retitle this one “Plugin Support Forums” or something specific to plugins so it catches the eye of plugin authors who might not be interested in general support topics?

Nirav Mehta
    Participant

@jenmylo: Renaming will help. Additionally: better notifications, easier replies (think email / helpdesk), improved display of replies from authors / top contributors etc would help.

Support forums are not helpdesks – but the more they can be like helpdesk, the better for authors!

Edward Caissie
    Participant

@jenmylo – Renaming is fine by me … although that may lead to a similar topic for “Theme Support Forums” being recommended 🙂

David Wolfpaw
    Participant

I am very interested in discussing this, since I know that there are already tools that exist for authors in forums that I’m simply not acquainted with.

Jen

Renamed to “BETTER PLUGIN & THEME SUPPORT FORUMS”

Jeremy Herve
    Participant

I’m interested in this as well.

Joe Dolson
    Participant

I’m definitely interested in this.

Eric Amundson
    Participant

+1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Community Summit Discussion Topics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

October 25-26, 2014