Next for Inline Documentation

Home Forums Community Summit Discussion Topics Next for Inline Documentation

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Nacin
    Participant

There was a 2012 discussion on inline documentation, and that led to a massive effort to document every hook, to launch developer.wordpress.org, to have a dedicated docs committer, to clean up a lot of docs, and then some. We have more to do here, though. JavaScript docs? How can we further improve core docs? How can we further assist IDEs? What kind of tools can we build around our docs? How can we make developer.wordpress.org better?

Kim Parsell
    Participant

+1 Would love to be part of that discussion.

Drew Jaynes
    Participant

+1 from me (naturally)

Nowell VanHoesen
    Participant

+1

Eric Andrew Lewis
    Participant

I think we should converge on a new, brief piece of documentation for developers (the same could be applied for other personas). I started this, which albeit rough is a way forward for rapid on-boarding.

Siobhan
    Participant

+1 I’d love to get some feedback from developers about dev.wp.org to find out what you think, how we can make it better, and any new resources you need.

bobbingwide
    Participant

For some time now I’ve been working on a parallel project to WP-Parser; similar objectives but different solution. I’ve written up a short introduction to it here: http://herbmiller.me/2014/10/24/press-release-wordpress-a2z-dynamic-api-reference/

I’ve identified a number of improvements that are required to make the complete API reference usable, but not proposed a way to merge solutions.

PS. Siobhan, did you realise dev.wp.org isn’t developer.wordpress.org?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Community Summit Discussion Topics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

October 25-26, 2014